Saturday 7 December 2013

CHNC challenge 154: for someone special


What a wonderful week of super creations that any child would be happy to receive. Thank you so much for all the super entries. We really are getting near to the Big Day now and that means that we need to get serious about getting those cards done if we haven't done so already. I need to count mine and go through my list.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 153. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

Please note that I publish the prize winners here and on our facebook page, but don't notify winners individually - it is up to you all to check to see if you have won and email me as requested.

The first winner:

Number 17: Christine Craig, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Christine. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so that I can arrange for you to receive your £20 of goods from Craftybren's Embroidered Embellishments.

The second winner:

Number 5: Gail Scott, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations,.Gail. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your 3 digital stamps from the Crafts 4 eternity collection.

The third winner:


Number 19: Ulla, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Ursula. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your $10.00 Gift Certificate from Cedar Chest Designs.

Now on to:
Challenge 154

For today's challenge please make any Christmas card for someone special - I think we all tend to leave those 'special cards' till the last minute, so let's get them made this week - and any other 'special' creations for Christmas


The first sponsor is a very familiar one, Ooh la la Creations:


A randomly chosen winner will be able to choose a CD-rom of their choice - and there are so many wonderful ones to choose from.

The second sponsor is My mum's craftshop:


'Bringing you the best in stamping products for Cardmaking & Papercrafting projects

We aim to bring you the best stamping products we can find. Along with stamps we also offer essential stamping products like inks, copics, papers, embellishments & more. We are always receiving lots of new deliveries every week so make sure you check back often so see what yummy new stash we have available! If there are any particular designs that you can't see on our website, please contact us & we will be happy to order them in for you.

Don't forget to visit our Shop Blog which has all the latest releases, info, inspiration & more!'

The randomly chosen winner will receive a £10 voucher to spend online at My mum's craftshop.

The third sponsor is Katy Sue Designs:


'About - We design and manufacture many papercraft products including the Flower Soft® embellishment range used by crafters Worldwide.
Mission - To use our teams creativity to make craft products that are loved by crafters around the World.
Company Overview - We design and manufacture papercraft products such as stamps, decoupage, card making kits and papercraft CD Rom’s as well as the Flower Soft® craft embellishment range. We have our own graphic design team and also work with leading artists and illustrators under license. Our products are used by crafters around the world and regularly appear on craft shopping channels such as Create and Craft, HSN and HSE.'

The randomly chosen winner will receive the Flowers and friendship CD rom:


http://www.flower-soft.co.uk/Cart/EC-Selected-Product.php?ProductID=2032

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

I've had a busy time recently with family commitments and I have to admit that I'm sharing a card that I made and showed for the Sweet Pea Stampers design team for yesterday - you can see it here and here. I don't actually want to say who the special recipient will be because 'eyes' look here sometimes!!


I'll try and come back later on with another card that I've made specially for here.

Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week I'm asking you to make a card for someone special.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 13 December. Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish - I think we all need to increase our stock at this time of the year - and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 14 December when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you. Also it would be great if you would consider becoming a follower - lovely to welcome recent new followers and 'likers' on facebook.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' - there are now 240 'likes' - it would be great if we could increase this before the end of the year. I always show at least one of my cards for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.

Don't forget

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for December is here.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to all you winners of Light it Up. There were some superb entries as usual, shame you can't all win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hazel for the win - It is an honor and blessing to enter and frosting on the cake when winning - Merry Christmas - I will be sending an email after this posting! Enjoy our week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Gail & to the other winners. I'm a winner also because the wonderful Gail allowed me to select the card I wanted her to send me for Christmas and I chose the card she won with and this BEE is happy for that.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful is your card Hazel and many congratulations to your winners xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for choosing my mousey card as a winner..
    Hazel..email sent.
    Congrats to the other winners..

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Hazel. Thank you for commenting on my card and for suggesting I enter it in the EXTRA challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful creation! Your design is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments