Saturday 2 March 2013

CHNC challenge 114: ribbons, ribbons, ribbons


It was so lovely to see all your 'one word' sentiment cards last week - not easy to be restricted to using just one word, but there were so many different ideas - thank you for your support.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 113. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first prize winner:

Number 6: Cyndie who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Cyndie. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your  $10 voucher from Di's Digi Downloads.

The second prize winner:

Number 3: Kath who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Kath. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your 2 digital images from Stamp n doodle.

The third prize winner:

Number 33: Alli D who shared this lovely creation:


Congratulations, Alli. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so that I can arrange for you to receive your 3 digital stamps from Dilly Beans.

Now on to:
Challenge 114
For today's challenge I'm asking you to use at least one ribbon - more if you wish

The first sponsor this week is Creative Treasures

I’m Tracy and the owner of Creative Treasures, we are a family run business with a love of all things craft related. We stock a great range of mulberry flowers, pretty ribbons, seam binding, lace, pearls, buttons, charms and lots of pretty embellishments. We are always adding new stock.  Our aim is to provide fantastic customer service and great value for money.

The prize will be a selection of ribbons.

The second sponsor is new to CHNC - The Ribbon Reel

The ribbon reel was established in August 2010 by Keilly Mulvihill to offer a range of quality, affordable, gorgeous ribbons, twine and embellishments. 

'A few years ago, I found it difficult to find a wide range of ribbons to suit my projects and pondered over setting up my own shop. Having a young family, I decided to put this idea on hold for a while and spend time with my children. Now that they are both at school, I decided I had the time and energy to set up my dream shop that I had wanted for so long. 

I absolutely love ribbons and am enthusiastic about increasing our range and searching for new products to share in the shop.'

The randomly-chosen winner will receive a £10 gift voucher to spend in The Ribbon Reel online shop.

The third sponsor is Katy Sue Designs:


'About - We design and manufacture many papercraft products including the Flower Soft® embellishment range used by crafters Worldwide.
Mission - To use our teams creativity to make craft products that are loved by crafters around the World.
Company Overview - We design and manufacture papercraft products such as stamps, decoupage, card making kits and papercraft CD Rom’s as well as the Flower Soft® craft embellishment range. We have our own graphic design team and also work with leading artists and illustrators under license. Our products are used by crafters around the world and regularly appear on craft shopping channels such as Create and Craft, HSN and HSE.'

Katy Sue Designs will be giving the randomly chosen winner a Grandmas embroidery CD:
image dc.jpg

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

For my card I've used offcuts of DCWV papers that have been in my Christmas box for ages, an unknown mini snowman stamp and some white and silver grosgrain ribbon - you can read more about it here on My Crafty Outlook.


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card. Last week there was an absence of snow, but this week please show any Christmas card using at least one piece of ribbon (or twine etc - something that comes from a spool) - you can use more, of course, if you wish.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 8 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 9 March when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for March is here.


Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Well done to last week's winners!

    Love your card Hazel - you even echoed the stripes in the snowman's scarf - but then I guess you know that anyhow :)

    I'll be back!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, now, don't be shocked! But it does rather look like I'm first in this week :) Nice challenge and one I actually had something that was just the thing. Love your card - the snowman is quirky and I like quirky :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations to all your cards where amazing and well deserved winners! beautiful card Hazel and another great challenge l like your christmas black and white ribbon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your winners. Each had a wonderful card, good thing for Random Generator. Your card for the challenge is so interesting with all the patterns and the really lovely silver ribbons. Will try to get something ready for it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners, those are fab cards!

    As is yours, Hazel - what a cute snowman, and hooray for using Snippets, what pretty papers these are!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments